Thermo Clad is primarily designed to protect exterior insulation applied to rooftop ventilation systems. It is a Canada /USA patent pending weather protection jacketing product using Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) technology.
What is TPO?
It is a waterproof sheet membrane which consists of a reinforced continuous polyester fibre arranged in a grid or in a mat sandwiched between to sheets of flexible matrix, a kind of polymer water proof material which is made of advanced processing technology. TPO membranes both the ethylene propylene diene rubber weather resistance, aging resistance and polypropylene weld ability. One of the properties of thermoplastic membranes is that the material temporarily changes from a semi-solid state when heated sufficiently, enabling the sheets that are overlapped to be fused together and return to a solid upon cooling. Thus, a monolithic, continuous sheet membrane is created. Thermoplastics is widely used in the roofing industry as a waterproof membrane.
Advantages of Thermo Clad Ventilation Weather Protection:
Besides the important feature of heat-welded technology for a continuous waterproof sheet membrane many other benefits to include;
- Easy peel and stick application
- Weather resistant
- Anti aging resistant
- Anti ultraviolet, ozone resistant
- High puncture & impact resistant. (excellent tear resistant)
- Inherently fire resistant.
- Water resistant
- Low temperature resistant (remains flexible at low temperatures)
- High temperature resistant
- Resistance to solvents, oils, acids, and detergents.
- Resistant to bacteria & fungus/mold growth.
- Easy to bend and manipulate around “inside/outside” corners and shapes.
- Aesthetically appealing. (White in color)
- Provides excellent visual feedback of workmanship during and after installation.
- Outdoor air ventilation systems.
- Indoor ventilation systems. (Indoor swimming pools)
- Cargo & RV trailers roofs
- Wherever waterproofing is required.